Having a website is very essential in today’s geek world, but just having a website does not fulfill the purpose. According to studies nearly 7 million websites have been added in the year 2011 itself. How to survive in such a tough scenario? The best answer would be Search engine optimization.
70% of the net users use search engines as the primary method to find websites. Search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing are the majorly used search engines (Google amounts for 80% of share). There are millions of users who are searching online for the product and / or service that you provide. They don’t know you and won’t be referred by any one because they don’t know any of your current customers.
Designing a website and optimizing it are two different things.
SEO Makes your website easily accessed and viewed by potential clients from around the world.
Following are some of the points that explain why SEO is a better marketing strategy than newspaper ads and TV commercials:
1. Search engine visitors’ conversion ratio is better than any other traffic sources.
2. SEO gives your business global reach with minimum amount of investment in terms of money.
3. SEO is used by major SMEs and big corporates alike to generate traffic.
4. ROI (Return on Investment) is higher than any other marketing mediums.
5. Studies show that companies appearing well in search engines command more respect.
6. It gives you an edge and advantage over your competitors.
7. It works for you nonstop 24/7.
Things to be kept in mind while opting for a SEO company:
1. Performing SEO is about taking a marketing approach and having technical skills at the same time. It is best done by a marketing mind with technical support rather than someone with just technical background.
2. Ask for the company’s past works and check the results in the real time.
3. Avoid companies claiming guaranteed results within short span of time. SEO is not a short term process and takes at least around 2-3 months time to start showing up on search engine result pages.
4. Avoid companies who promise 1000+ directory submissions and book markings.
5. Select a company that does social media marketing along with SEO. Both SEO and SMM should complement each other to stay afloat, create brand awareness, reach and engage your target audience and be competitive.